Application of Quick Connect Unions
Quick Connect Unions are designed to enable quick and easy connection and disconnection of pipes and fittings across many industries.
Hansen Knuckle Unions are used to connect and disconnect pipe work or valves quickly and easily from pumps and existing installations. The Knuckle Union has the added benefit of a 9 degree ‘Knuckle’ movement that provides greater flexibility during installation and removes the necessity of the pipe work having to line up exactly with your pump.
Hansen Barrel Unions are designed to enable quick connection and disconnection around pumps, tanks, dairy sheds, industry and irrigation. Easy to install / uninstall, strong and compact, they are the perfect solution for tight spaces.
- HANSEN™ Quick Connect Unions from 15mm to 50mm have met the requirements of AS/NZS 4020 Australia and New Zealand Drinking Water Test Standard.
- Fire Rating UL94HB.
- Hansen has tested all its products for use with cold water up to a maximum temperature of 60°C (140°F).
- We do not recommend the use of these products with temperatures higher than 60°C (140°F) as plastic expands due to temperature increases.
- Hansen cannot guarantee the products will perform when used with temperatures over 60°C (140°F).
- Hansen products that have failed in temperatures higher than 60°C (140°F) will not be covered by warranty.
History of Hansen Unions
After the success of Hansen Pipe Fittings and Threaded Fittings, the next obvious product range to add to the already extensive Hansen Range, was Unions.
The Hansen Union range was added in the late 1990’s and is designed and manufactured to the same high quality and principles as the rest of the Hansen range.The Hansen Union range makes removing or installing a pump from your system a breeze as all you have to do is undo the common nut.