Barrel Unions - Hansen Quick Connect - HBU
Hansen Barrel Unions
These Unions are designed to enable quick connection and disconnection around pumps, tanks, dairy sheds, industry and irrigation.
Product Sizes and Pressure Ratings
- HBU15 - 15mm - 1/2"
- HBU20 - 20mm - 3/4"
- HBU25 - 25mm - 1"
- HBU2520 - 25mm x 20mm - 1" x 3/4"
- HBU32 - 32mm - 1 1/4"
- HBU3225 - 32mm x 25mm - 1 1/4" x 1"
- HBU40 - 40mm - 1 1/2"
- HBU50 - 50mm - 2"
All the above Barrel Unions are rated for 16 Bar Pressure.
Features and Applications
- Designed to enable Quick Connect / Disconnect around pumps, tanks, dairy sheds and irrigation.
- Flat face for easy uninstall makes uninstalling pumps and pipe work a breeze!
- Strong and compact - the perfect solution for tight spaces.
- When the common nut is wound off, the pipe simply ‘slips down’.
- Great for tight spaces that have little room for connection and disconnection.
- Ideal for connecting and disconnecting larger pumps and pipes.
- Perfect for off-centred pipe work.
- The ability to connect / disconnect from the pump or along the trunk of a pipe.
- Multiple configurations enable this fitting to meet the needs of just about any situation.
- The ability to connect to poly pipe applications directly from the pump or in-line.
- Fits onto the extensive range of Hansen Easy Fit & True Fit Pipe Fittings.
- When making a threaded connection to either end of the Barrel Union, it is recommended that either a thread sealing paste or thread sealing tape be used on all threaded connections. We recommend Loctite 5331.
- HANSEN™ Quick Connect Barrel Unions can be used with metal fittings.
Pipe to Pipe Connection
Pipe to Pump Connection
Frequently Asked Questions
Q - Can I use a Hansen Barrel union for easy service of my pump?
A - Yes, by installing the Hansen Barrel union on both the inlet and outlet of your pump you can easily remove your pump.
Q - I have a situation where I would like to connect into an existing stock water line out the back of the farm for filling a spray tank to save travel time when spraying. Can I use a Hansen Union for this purpose?
A - Yes, as long as there is an isolating valve nearby you can install a poly to poly Hansen Union and purchase a ball to poly pipe tail for your tank fill pipe length and quickly hook into this line when required.
Q - I’ve had to replace the suction fitting on my pump as it snapped and now I can’t align my pump back to the bolts it was held in place with. Will your Hansen Union help me here?
A - Yes, the reason your fitting failed is the same reason that you can’t line up the bolt holes now - the suction line was never lined up with the pump intake. Try a male to poly Hansen t Union in the size you require.
This will also mean that you can bolt down your pump first, attach both parts of the Hansen Union to the pump and poly pipe and then just connect the fitting with common centre nut.